HOW TO TRANSFER A DOMAIN NAME BETWEEN GOOGLE DOMAINS ACCOUNTS
- If you already have a Google or Gmail account, you already have a Google Domains account.
▪️ Log in to your Google or Gmail account
▪️ Open another browser tab
▪️ Type "domains.google.com" in the address bar and press Enter
⚠️ If you do not already have a free Google Domains account, go to https://domains.google.com and create a free account using your email address and a password.
- If the left sidebar menu is not open, click on the menu icon in upper-left corner (3 horizontal lines or "hamburger stack").
- Click on Transfer.
- Enter the domain name, including the extension (e.g. "mydomain.com) that you wish to transfer into your account, then press Enter or click Continue.
- To transfer the domain, you need an authorization code from the registrar that currently holds the domain name. You must ask the person who manages this account to send you the authorization code. The authorization code may also be called "transfer code," or "EPP code." This code is usually a long, complex string of characters to it is advisable that you copy & paste the code instead of typing it manually.
- Select “I already have an authorization code.”
- Paste the authorization code and click Accept and continue.
- If the domain was set up to renew registration automatically, select whether you want to continue auto-renew. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU CHOOSE TO AUTO-RENEW!
⚠️ If you decide to auto-renew, you need to agree to automatic payments. You aren’t charged until the domain is ready for renewal. Renewal occurs on the original end-date of the domain’s registration.
- Choose whether to preserve the domain’s web, email, and if present, G Suite configuration or to reset all your domain configurations. If you choose to keep your settings, there's no service interruption on your web pages and email. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU CHOOSE TO PRESERVE YOUR PRESENT SETTINGS!
- Click Transfer.
- Enter or edit the contact information for the domain and click Continue.
- Check your email. You may need to confirm the changes via the confirmation email(s) if required.
- Within a few minutes, the domain you transferred appears on your My Domains list.